Federation of Drinking Water and Sanitation Users Nepal (FEDWASUN) is a people based national umbrella organization of drinking water and sanitation user’s groups in Nepal. It facilitates the provision of drinking Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services to communities, advocates for water and sanitation rights (drinking water and sanitation for all and forever), brings people’s issues to the attention of policy makers and service providers, and promotes good governance in relation to both user’s committee/ groups and service providers. Established in 2003 A.D. It represents various forums at National and International Levels. FEDWASUN is in partnership with various agencies and organizations for operation of different programs, projects and activities at the central, district and local levels in Nepal. In this regard, FEDWASUN hereby issues this announcement for recruitment of the following position.
Duty Station: FEDWASUN Head Office, Kathmandu with 50% field visits ( at Kalikot, Jumla, Kavre and Siraha )
The Program Officer shall possess a Masters degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Journalism or other relevant discipline from a recognized institution, with minimum of 3 years of work experience (after completion of study ), preferably in a national or international development organization, in a program operation with sound technical and leadership skills. The Senior Program Officer shall further possess knowledge on adoption of human rights based approach with capacity building experiences on right to water and sanitation. S/he should possess pragmatic skill in communications, research, reporting skill, budget holding, negotiations with stakeholders, campaigning and fund raising skill. Experience in WASH will be value added.
- Develop program proposals for promotion of the WASH Issues at local , provincial and national level for lobby and advocacy.- Coordination and rapport building with key stakeholders, District Branches, government bodies and other agencies to build capacity for advocacy,
- Coordinate and communicate with other development and social justice networks, with key decision makers, and liaison with national level forum.
- Provide supervision, training, capacity building, technical support and guidance to district branches and Users Committee on planning, implementation of the projects
- Prepare program/project status reports required for management, board, donors, budget review, program analysis, etc.
- Undertake frequent field visits to monitor projects, as well as conduct periodic reviews to ensure effective and efficient implementation.
- Prepare different manual and procedural guidelines on right to water and sanitation as well as social accountability for capacity building of the district and municipal level FEDWASUN and members users committee
- Coordination preparation of detailed implementation plan - Prepare annual Progress Reports of FEDWASUN
Perks and Remunerations:
Perks and Remunerations for the position will be as per FEDWASUN’s norms.
Interested candidates are requested to apply for the position with the motivation letter, recent CV and PP size photo in the email: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in FEDWASUN’s Head Office, Jaycees Marg, Thapathali, Kathmandu no later than 3rd of April 2018, 17:00 hours. Candidates are requested to clearly mention the position applied for in the subject line. Only the selected candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process. FEDWASUN has all the rights reserved.
FEDWASUN is an equal opportunity employer.