Federation of Drinking Water and Sanitation Users Nepal (FEDWASUN) is a people based umbrella organization of drinking water and sanitation user’s groups in Nepal. It facilitates the provision of drinking Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services to communities, advocates for water and sanitation rights (drinking water and sanitation for all and forever), brings people’s issues to the attention of policy makers and service providers, and promotes good governance in relation to both user’s committee/ groups and service providers. Established in 2004 A.D., FEDWASUN has currently its district branches in 60 districts of Nepal, and it also represents various forums at National and International Levels.
FEDWASUN is in partnership with various agencies and organizations for operation of different programs, projects and activities at the central and district levels in Nepal. In this regard, FEDWASUN hereby issues this announcement for recruitment of the following positions:
Vacancy Announcement No. and Position: 1/074-75, Program Manager (PM)
Duty Station: FEDWASUN Head Office, Kathmandu with field visits as required
Level: G (Key Managerial Position)
Qualifications and Experiences: The Program Manager shall possess a Post Graduate degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, or other relevant discipline from a recognized institution, with minimum of 5 years of work experience(after completion of post graduate), preferably in a national or international development organization, in a managerial position with sound technical and leadership skills. The Program Manager shall further possess a pragmatic skill in communications, reporting skill, delivery of trainings, budget holding, negotiations with stakeholders, campaigning and fund raising skill.
- Develop and Identify advocacy opportunities nationally for promotion of the WASH Issues at National and Regional Level and equally carry and develop researches and ideologies to find out the key areas of intervention of FEDWASUN in WASH
- Supply necessary information to the Executive Board of FEDWASUN, citing necessary steps and roles as well as tactical plans and implementation methodologies, development of the strategic plans and policies including introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in Institutional/Organizational Management and Network Strengthening
- Coordination and rapport building with key stakeholders, District Branches, government bodies and other agencies to build capacity for advocacy,
- Coordinate and communicate with other development and social justice networks, with key decision makers, and liaison with national and international media,
- Provide supervision, training, capacity building, technical support and guidance to district branches and Users Committee on planning, implementation and management of the projects
- Coordinate and lobby to promote more effective users oriented national policy and good governance,
- Prepare program/project status reports required for management, board, donors, budget review, program analysis, etc.
- Undertake frequent field visits to monitor projects, as well as conduct periodic programmatic reviews to ensure effective and efficient implementation.
- Prepare different manual and procedural guidelines for capacity building of the staffs and members users committee
- Propose and/or undertake action on operational procedures affecting program management and implementation
- Prepare annual Progress Reports of FEDWASUN
Vacancy Announcement No. and Position: 2/074-75, Administrative Assistant (AA)
Duty Station: FEDWASUN Head Office, Kathmandu
Qualifications and Experiences: The Administrative Assistant (AA)shall possess a minimum degree of Bachelors’ Level in Business Management, or any other management discipline, with minimum of 2 year of work experience(after completion of Bachelors’), and having a sound knowledge on administrative, communication, procurements and secretarial services. The AA shall further pragmatic skill in communication in both English and Nepali, MS Office Applications, good handling of office equipment.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management
- Facilitate the procurement process of general items, consultant services and other related procurements, including preparation and collection of bid items, market research and vendor agreements
- Maintain and update leave records as well as personal files of all staffs
- Regularly update the status and records of FEDWASUN’s WSUC members
- prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Board members and senior staffs
- maintain office supplies
- Maintain stock book
- Manage the logistic support in different activities organized by FEDWASUN
Perks and Remunerations:
Perks and Remunerations for both the positions will be as per FEDWASUN’s norms.
Interested candidates are requested to fill up a Job Application Form by downloading it from www.fedwasun.org/Vacacny.html and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or drop in FEDWASUN’s Head Office, Thapathali, Kathmandu along with a most updated CV, a cover application, a recently filmed passport sized photo and a copy of citizenship certificates, not later than 19th of September 2017, 17:00 hours. Candidates are requested to clearly mention the position applied for in the subject line. Only the selected candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process. FEDWASUN has all the rights reserved.
FEDWASUN is an equal opportunity employer.
Download Job Application Form files/file/FEDWASUN_Application_Form%20(1).doc